Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Philadelphia Science Festival Citywide Star Party
30 locations in the Philadelphia region. Check the Philadelphia Science Festival website for speci
Citywide Star Party – Friday, April 26
Approximately 30 sites across the greater Philadelphia area will host simultaneous stargazing events. The sites are chosen by the event coordinators, and each site has a host organizing the site. DVAA participates in this event by volunteering as astronomy staff at multiple locations around the Philadelphia area and suburbs.
• Event must occur on Friday, April 26.
• Star parties must be free and open to the public.
• Event hosts must submit a detailed rain plan at the time of registration.
• Restroom facilities must be available and each site should have an area suitable for stargazing (free from trees and/or buildings).
• Ideally, the Star Party will occur from 7:30 to 10:00 pm. If you wish to end the star party early or start later, you must inform PSF staff at the time of registration.
• PSF Staff will provide each site with at least one astronomer with a telescope(s) and/or other stargazing equipment.
• PSF will make every effort to provide branded signage and activity kits for each location.
• Sites are encouraged to be creative with additional activities the night of the event.
• In an effort to keep site selection fair to all registrants, sites will be ranked according to a rubric, which will be available upon request.
Contact: Jamie Collier, Director of Volunteer Programs, the Franklin Institute. firstname.lastname@example.org
Telescopes set up for public viewing at many locations around the Philadelphia area and suburbs.