Benefits of Membership
The DVAA is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization that is dedicated to sharing the wonders of science and the Universe with people both young and old.
We offer a broad range of benefits to our membership such as frequent presentations by world-class scientists and astronomy enthusiasts, a monthly subscription to our award-winning newsletter, a slew of public and private star-parties, mentorship, education, and more:
- Access to private dark-sky events plus a regular cadence of local observing.
- Access to Colonial Observatory (in Plymouth Meeting).
- Ability to attend special member-only trips, like our recent trip to Sproul Observatory.
- Reciprocal membership in the Astronomical League, including:
- Access to the League's numerous observing programs.
- Quarterly subscription to the League's premier publication: The Reflector.
- Discounted rentals on club equipment.
- Access to a number of advanced features on our great and evolving member-focused website.
- Ability to attend numerous member-only events (i.e. Messier Meetings, Solar Saturdays, etc.)
- Membership in a well-trafficked DVAA-oriented listserv (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special discounted rates on subscriptions to Astronomy and Sky & Telescope magazines.
The most important benefit we offer is nothing more than the chance to regularly interact with a great group of astronomically minded enthusiasts, whether at large-scale events like our star parties and monthly meetings or in more intimate settings like our member’s homes or even Gullifty’s; a favorite after-meeting hangout. Our people love astronomy and it shows!
Regular - $40/year - Permitted to vote and eligible to hold office
Family - $60/year - Two or more members in the same household, bundled up to 9 members. Each adult member permitted to vote and eligible to hold office.
Junior - $40/year Ages 12-17.; permitted to vote but not to hold office.
Contributing - $55/year - Regular members wishing to make a voluntary donation of $15 in addition to the $40 dues. Permitted to vote and eligible to hold office.